Astrology niche summary
Are you thinking about starting a niche website about astrology?
This is a great niche to start a website because the followers of the astrology niche are extremely loyal and love to advocate for it. The target customers are extremely passionate about this niche and always have been. People already love all the benefits they can experience from reading their horoscope, so helping introduce them to this niche creates the perfect opportunity to make a very profitable niche website in astrology.
I was never interested in astrology because it seemed fake and my horoscope predictions were always way off. I felt like they were just randomly generated and could apply to anyone, but definitely not me. I wrote off astrology the same way I write of psychics and the similar services.
One day while I was browsing Snapchat, I was presented a horoscope that seemed more accurate and caught my interest. I continually followed these horoscopes and was amazed at how accurate they seemed. This is what led me to research more into my own zodiac sign, virgo, and I can easily find most of the traits of virgo within myself.
After learning more I downloaded an app and started to read my horoscope every day. This continued for a couple of years until I became interested in numerology. I still see many people interested in astrology and one of the popular podcasts I listen to added daily horoscope readings to their show.
What is astrology?
Astrology: A pseudoscience that claims to divine information about human affairs and terrestrial events by studying the movements and relative positions of celestial objects.
Learn more about the astrology niche
Astrology is a set of beliefs and predictions based on the constellation the Sun was in the day you're born. This breaks down to about a month for each constellation, but they’re not broken down exactly by month. Each constellation matches it’s corresponding time of the calendar which is referred to as your zodiac sign.
Each of these zodiac signs are believed to have unique traits specific to them. For example, Virgo is an Earth sign and is said to represent the virgin. In this sense, the virgin is connected to wheat or harvest. Other interpretations like Greek Mythology relate the Virgo to the last immortal to flee Earth after the Gods abandoned the planet for Olympus.
Astrology is on the rise as millennials lose interest in organized religion. More of this generation are identifying as spiritual, not religious. This has fueled the growth of astrology as some even equate this niche with science. It is however, regarded as a pseudoscience.
What I like about this niche
I like the passionate following of the astrology niche. Much like the other psychic services, people who believe it, really believe it. And they’re willing to advocate for the niche in the face of many doubters.
I also like the fact that people spend a lot of money in this niche. Especially, in respect to the astrology apps. They increased revenue from $7.7B to $40B in just one year. People who are interested in these psychic services typically have the disposable income that makes them great customers.
I’ve found some great Amazon and Clickbank products to promote for the astrology niche. The Amazon products range from books to more advanced astrology products. The Clickbank products convert at a high percentage and have nice commission models built in. Best of all, low return rates.
It’s also pretty easy to find your target audience online using Facebook groups. Sometimes you have to search all across the web for a target audience, but the astrology following is pretty concentrated to just a few places
What I don't like about this niche
I don’t like the market growth in the astrology niche. While it is growing at a decent pace, it’s not as high as some of the other niches I’ve researched. It seems to have actually slowed down in comparison to some of the prior years data.
Not a ton of products to promote in this niche. It does have some good, high-converting products, but you’ll have to search around for them. Or, just rely heavily on a select few.
Another thing I don’t like about the astrology niche is the high competition with people who have been in this ancient industry for a long time. Starting a brand new website in a niche that has been around for ages can be a daunting task. This is where you’ll need to be creative with your branding and what you offer to your target audience to differentiate yourself from the longstanding authorities in this industry.
Niche pros and cons at a glance
The extremely passionate following and disposable income of these consumers far outweigh the high competition and small market growth.
Who should start this site:
Niche market research
Astrology has been cited to belong to the psychic services and mystical services industries, but each sector shows identical numbers.
These customers are passionate and finding them is pretty easy which is why I recommend astrology to start a highly successful niche website. Check out some of these statistics about the target audience:
- 88% of Americans know their horoscope
- 53% identify with their sign
- 18-34 year olds are more likely to "strongly identify" with their sign
Projected growth by 2024
Here are the top influencers in the astrology niche. Browse their websites to learn more about astrology and how to help improve the quality of their life. Then, network with them to gain even more knowledge in this niche. Also, search for ways to expand upon this topic even more on your own niche website. This is where it helps to be innovative.
I like these domains for the execution of this astrology niche website. At the time of publishing this article, these brandable domain names are available for a discount.
Are these domain names still available?
The Time is now
for new beginnings!
What hosting I suggest for your new niche website
Hosting is a huge factor for site speed. Here is my favorite hosting provider:
Bluehost is by far my favorite hosting provider because of these 4 great reasons:
- Speed- A slow website automatically equals less profit. People won’t wait for your slow site to load, especially on their mobile devices. Also, Google won’t rank your website as high because they favor sites that load fast for their users. Bluehost helps my sites load faster than any other hosting provider I’ve used.
- Ease of Use- The most important thing about starting a new site is getting up and going as quickly as possible. That’s why I started this site, to help you get started as fast as you can. Don’t waste your time. Just click and launch.
- Cost- I get high-quality hosting for half or possibly 1/4th of what other hosting providers charge. I don’t want to break the bank to keep my site up and running. Bluehost is so cost-effective, I often sign-up for the 3-year plan because it’s less than I would usually pay for 1-year.
- Support- Things don’t usually go wrong, but if they do, you want to speak with an actual person, instantly. You don’t want to create a support ticket in your time of need. This first-class support is what ultimately won me over and prompted me to switch all of my niche websites over to Bluehost
I would structure this website to drive the visitor to a CTA which will be in exchange for their email address.
The homepage should be driving visitors to the CTA or blog posts.
The blog posts should driving visitors to other blog posts or the CTA.
I would experiment with different CTA, but I really like the thought of an astrology quiz. I explain a little more about my site structure in the following tabs.
Pages and Menu Setup
This category explains everything related to astrology. This will help your visitors learn more about astrology as a full topic so they don’t have to leave your site if they have more general questions.
This category includes all resources and products for each zodiac sign. Daily posts that include horoscope reading and lucky numbers.
What theme I suggest for your new niche website
Professional design and functionality are important to build a successful niche website. Here is my favorite theme:
Thrive Themes is my overwhelmingly favorite theme because of these 3 excellent reasons:
- Ease of Use- You don’t want to spend hours making simple edits to your new niche website. Time is money and saving yourself time whenever possible, allows you to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time. You can also enjoy the one-click speed optimizations that would usually take hours to setup. I used to take 1-3 days to launch a new niche website if I was working at a blistering speed. Luckily, even with no experience, you can get your website up and running in minutes, thanks to Thrive Themes.
- Professional Design- People who visit your site will judge your credibility based on your website design. Consumers are smart and won’t trust your content if your website looks like it was designed a decade ago. You will have more authority in the eyes of your visitors with a professional site design, especially on mobile. More perceived authority equals more trust, which adds up to more money made by your website.
- Numerous Features- You can set yourself apart from competitors by marketing more creatively. My favorite way to accomplish this is by offering visitors a quiz, then asking for their email address before they can see the results. You can also add cool lead forms, test headlines, create courses, and more! Don’t make the mistake of launching your website with the same basic features as every other website. Wow your visitors with advanced functionality that’ll keep them returning your website like it’s a drug.
Here’s a sample of the type of images I would use on this site.
These are the most concentrated groups of people who are interested in law of attraction. Since these people are already familiar with the niche, they will be more open to considering our products.
These Facebook groups have large numbers of people interested in astrology. I like that these groups have a large number of people and are already focused on our niche. The groups of astrologers don’t have as many followers, but zodiac labeled groups have huge followings. I could’ve kept finding large groups, so Facebook is a great place to engage for this niche.
These forums get some traffic, but not much. These forums are worth browsing through and establishing yourself as a participant. These are the most popular ones. I couldn’t find very many astrology forums with much activity, but these are going to be the most passionate followers because they sought out another forum outside of social media.
You can find many subreddits for astrology, but these are the most popular ones. They’re very active and worth targeting for promoting your niche site. You can also find subreddits for the individual zodiac signs which is another audience you can potentially target. Though these specific sign subreddits seem to get most of their activity during the actual season.
The general keywords are pretty competitive because this niche has been around for a long-time. That means you can find many authorities that have been building up their websites for a long time.
The best strategy for SEO here will be to target the long-tail keywords to answer these specific questions people are asking. Many of the bigger sites skip out on these kinds of keywords because they don’t feel it’s worth their time. And it’s probably not. However, this creates a great opportunity for you to get those little pockets of traffic as you establish your niche website.
You should also browse Reddit and the forums for user-generated keywords and recurring questions that you could answer on your niche website.
Another good route to take in your SEO strategy is combining astrology with another niche for those combined keywords. For example, you can find a large group of people who are looking for love based on zodiac sign compatibility. Another example of this would be people looking for career advice based on their specific zodiac sign. This combination of niches naturally produces lower competition keywords since you’re serving the intersection of two audiences.
- zodiac dates
- zodiac horoscope
- zodiac gifts
- zodiac element signs
- zodiac meaning
- zodiac compatibility
- zodiac chart
- zodiac air signs
- are zodiac signs true to your personality
- can zodiac signs affect your personality
- how zodiac signs act when in love
- when zodiac signs meet their soulmate
- where zodiac signs like to be touched
- which zodiac sign is the smartest
- where zodiac signs should live
- when zodiac signs lose their virginity
- zodiac with the most serial killers
- zodiac with most billionaires
What SEO tool I suggest you use for your new niche website
Organic traffic is important for the long-term success of your niche website. Here is my favorite SEO tool:
Long Tail Pro
Long Tail Pro is my absolute favorite SEO tool because of these 3 exceptional reasons:
- Ease of Use- Some SEO tools make keyword research and selection a daunting task because you still have to filter through so many keywords yourself. Long Tail Pro allows you to enter a few seed keywords, then it gives you many related keywords with a score and a color. If the score is green, that means you can rank for that keyword pretty easily. If the score is red, it might be too difficult. Easy right? You can also spy on competitors backlinks, track your own rankings, and more.
- Accuracy- The accuracy of Long Tail Pro is great when it comes to working with my niche websites. I can target a keyword with confidence that I can rank because the tool provided that information. I also like being able to quickly check the difficulty of any single keyword on the fly.
- Cost- Most SEO tools can get pretty expensive really quickly. I’ve even subscribed to a free trial or just one month to download as much data as I could, then canceled because I couldn’t afford the costs. Long Tail Pro is the most cost effect SEO tool you’ll find and another one of the reasons why they’re my favorite tool to use when researching keywords for my new niche websites.
This website will be monetized with affiliate marketing to promote Amazon and Clickbank products.
Amazon Product Examples
The Secret Language of Birthdays: Your Complete Personology Guide for Each Day of the Year
Cool book that combines astrology, numerology, and psychic energy to fully understand your personality as related to your birthday.
The Only Astrology Book You'll Ever Need
This huge book gives all the information you’ll ever need for sun signs, moon signs, compatibility between every sign and more.
HUASAI Zodiac Necklace for Women Constellation Necklace Birthday Gift Stainless Steel Old English Zodiac Necklace
Nice gold necklace with each zodiac in old english letters. These can be purchased for any zodiac sign.
Clickbank Product Examples
Cosmic Energy Profile
Virgo Man Secrets
JVZOO Product Examples
Mega Astrology Article Pack
Art of Astrology
Assuming you can get one clickbank sale per day and a few Amazon products sold with the customers making a few extra purchases you can make $2,200 per month on the conservative side.
You also have the potential to make even more money by selling your own private horoscope readings or life plans.
You could also explore more astrology related affiliate products to add even more income to your niche website.
Good converting Amazon and Clickbank products.
*Earnings Disclaimer: We are not making any claims as to money you may earn.
Astrology niche summary
The astrology niche is a great topic to start a niche website. I love the passionate following and the high-converting products you can promote. It also has some great brandable domain names and few easy places to find traffic. I wish you much luck in starting this niche website. I would love to start it myself, but I’d rather find more profitable niches to share with you!
This niche highlights
Are you ready to start this niche site?
This follow-along course will show you how to set up this niche website up for maximum profit.