Streaming video niche summary
Are you thinking about starting a niche website about streaming video?
This is a great niche to start a website because the followers of the streaming video niche typically include everyone. Nearly all people like to watch some type of video content. You would have a hard time finding someone who is not interested in video content at any level. Most people either watch videos for entertainment or education. People that watch shows for entertainment usually build their own cult-like following of extremely passionate fans. You can create a niche website focused on streaming video that could become very profitable.
At the end of my senior year in college, I canceled my cable subscription and started watching Hulu. I watched it right on my laptop without any issues. A large selection of shows at my fingertips with instant playback. I was ecstatic about these streaming services because I did not like cable for many reasons.
I subscribed to Netflix eventually because I was interested in getting the movie discs in the mail. One day, I checked my email and saw a message from Netflix inviting me to download their streaming app. I downloaded the app to my Playstation 3 and was shocked by the huge selection. I still remember binge watching an entire tv show called, “Flash Forward” in only 2 days.
A decade later, I stream everything and haven’t watched a movie disc since 2012. The large selection and instant playback make streaming video services the most desirable form of entertainment. Having the ability to instantaneously watch millions of movies and tv shows without leaving the sofa is by far, one of the greatest uses of technology ever. Technology keeps evolving and new devices give us more capabilities, but I don’t think streaming video is ever going away. We will just stream to different devices as they become faster and have better quality.
What is streaming media?
Streaming media: Multimedia that is constantly received by and presented to an end-user while being delivered by a provider.
Learn more about the streaming media niche
Streaming video is much easier and faster than any other method of consuming video content. Streaming is faster than downloading because even with ultra high-speed internet, you’ll need 1-2 minutes to download a HD movie. An extra couple of minutes if you’re downloading a 4K movie. Don’t even get me started on the inconvenience of physical movie discs. Best thing you could do was go to the Redbox closest to you, but those don’t even exist anymore. Oh, they do still exist? Haha. I’m shocked they made it this long.
Subscription streaming services have grown the popularity of streaming video. You can find 100s of different streaming services for every kind of niche and large network. The average person will be selective as to which services they pay for streaming so this has increased competition between streaming services.
This competition between streaming services has dramatically increased the amount of video content produced and consumed. Networks and platforms are spending billions of dollars on video content to command the largest market share. That means there’s a ton of content. Here’s a fact, it would take you a little over 4 years to watch everything on Netflix. That’s just Netflix!
What I like about this niche
You can target virtually unlimited sub niches to target virtually any audience because this niche is way too large to cover as a whole. You can pick a niche within the video streaming niche to build a website. For example, all action shows and movies. Or, you can combine niches like japanese horror movies.
The streaming video market is also rapidly growing due to increased competition between streaming services. They are producing tons of content to garner the most attention from this massive audience. New shows and movies are being released daily on these streaming platforms to entice people to pay the monthly subscription.
All of these movies and tv shows also present a great opportunity of developing a niche website to help the target audience organize and sift through all this content to locate content they’ll find interesting. That’s helpful for you because that means you can curate more content as opposed to creating all of the content. I’m not saying you don’t have to do any work at all, but I’m saying the process will be much easier.
You can also find tons of products and services to promote. You can promote actual shows, movies, and streaming services. You can also promote the equipment and devices used for streaming. You can also go another route and promote software used for video content creation which I find very intriguing.
What I don't like about this niche
The video streaming niche does have some high competition depending on your execution of this niche site. If you just try to target everyone, you’ll have a hard time garnering any attention. You have to execute this niche website with a target audience in mind and stay true to that brand.
I had to be extremely picky to find something I don’t like about this niche. I’m wondering why I didn’t start this niche website myself. I would love to start a niche website about the numerous documentaries and docuseries. I would recommend my favorites and provide even more value by telling my audience which documentaries to avoid. Because I’ve wasted my time with more than a few.
Niche pros and cons at a glance
The rapid growth of this niche and the unlimited segments to target far outweigh the potential high competition for this streaming video website.
Who should start this site:
Niche market research
I only included video streaming in this niche market research with the exclusion of the film & entertainment industry because this includes traditional cable and theaters which would inflate the numbers.
These customers are passionate and finding them is easy which makes the video streaming niche great to start a highly successful niche website. Check out some of these statistics about the target audience:
- 42% of streamers are Gen X (35-54 years old)
- 39% Millennials (between 18-34 years old)
- 58% are single
- 78% live in urban or suburban areas.
Netflix and Hulu users tend to be younger than Amazon Prime users.
Projected growth by 2027
Here are the top influencers in the streaming video niche. Browse their websites to learn more about streaming video and how to structure your own site. Also, network with them for the opportunity to post on their site. Look for ways to serve audiences that haven’t been served or better serve audiences within a specific niche. This is where it helps to be innovative.
I like these domains for the execution of this streaming video niche website. At the time of publishing this article, these brandable domain names are available for a discount.
Are these domain names still available?
The Time is now
for new beginnings!
What hosting I suggest for your new niche website
Hosting is a huge factor for site speed. Here is my favorite hosting provider:
Bluehost is by far my favorite hosting provider because of these 4 great reasons:
- Speed- A slow website automatically equals less profit. People won’t wait for your slow site to load, especially on their mobile devices. Also, Google won’t rank your website as high because they favor sites that load fast for their users. Bluehost helps my sites load faster than any other hosting provider I’ve used.
- Ease of Use- The most important thing about starting a new site is getting up and going as quickly as possible. That’s why I started this site, to help you get started as fast as you can. Don’t waste your time. Just click and launch.
- Cost- I get high-quality hosting for half or possibly 1/4th of what other hosting providers charge. I don’t want to break the bank to keep my site up and running. Bluehost is so cost-effective, I often sign-up for the 3-year plan because it’s less than I would usually pay for 1-year.
- Support- Things don’t usually go wrong, but if they do, you want to speak with an actual person, instantly. You don’t want to create a support ticket in your time of need. This first-class support is what ultimately won me over and prompted me to switch all of my niche websites over to Bluehost
I would structure this website to drive the visitor to a CTA which will be in exchange for their email address.
The homepage should be driving visitors to the CTA or blog posts.
The blog posts should driving visitors to other blog posts or the CTA.
I would experiment with different CTA, but I really like the thought of a streaming video quiz. I explain a little more about my site structure in the following tabs.
Pages and Menu Setup
This category explains everything related to the streaming services. This will help your visitors learn more about the services, as well as, benefits and drawbacks of each one.
This category includes all resources and reviews for movies. Daily posts that include newly released movies.
This category includes all resources and reviews for shows. Daily posts that include newly released shows.
This category includes all resources and techniques for troubleshooting streaming devices.
What theme I suggest for your new niche website
Professional design and functionality are important to build a successful niche website. Here is my favorite theme:
Thrive Themes is my overwhelmingly favorite theme because of these 3 excellent reasons:
- Ease of Use- You don’t want to spend hours making simple edits to your new niche website. Time is money and saving yourself time whenever possible, allows you to accomplish more in a shorter amount of time. You can also enjoy the one-click speed optimizations that would usually take hours to setup. I used to take 1-3 days to launch a new niche website if I was working at a blistering speed. Luckily, even with no experience, you can get your website up and running in minutes, thanks to Thrive Themes.
- Professional Design- People who visit your site will judge your credibility based on your website design. Consumers are smart and won’t trust your content if your website looks like it was designed a decade ago. You will have more authority in the eyes of your visitors with a professional site design, especially on mobile. More perceived authority equals more trust, which adds up to more money made by your website.
- Numerous Features- You can set yourself apart from competitors by marketing more creatively. My favorite way to accomplish this is by offering visitors a quiz, then asking for their email address before they can see the results. You can also add cool lead forms, test headlines, create courses, and more! Don’t make the mistake of launching your website with the same basic features as every other website. Wow your visitors with advanced functionality that’ll keep them returning your website like it’s a drug.
Here’s a sample of the type of images I would use on this site.
These are the most concentrated groups of people who are interested in law of attraction. Since these people are already familiar with the niche, they will be more open to considering our products.
These Facebook groups have large numbers of people interested in streaming video. I like that these groups have a large number of people and are already focused on our niche. I can continually find large Facebook groups for highly rated tv shows and movies to stream. I can also find specific genre groups like horror movie fans. Or, you can dig even deeper and find groups for certain shows like my new favorite anime show, “Attack on Titan.”
These forums get a good amount of traffic, but not much when compared to the social. These forums are worth browsing through and establishing yourself as a participant. These are the most popular ones. You could possibly find some better ones if you look more for more specific shows or genres. I like the Facebook groups for larger numbers though.
You can find a few subreddits for streaming, but these are the most popular ones. They’re pretty active and worth targeting for your niche site networking and promotion efforts.
Competition is high for generic streaming video keywords because those are owned by the platforms and networks who own them. However, competition is less difficult in some of the sub niches and combined niches. Only some of those are less difficult though.
For the most part, SEO competition is pretty tough for many of these keywords. You’ll have better success by targeting long-tail keywords and user-generated keywords. Each of these posts may only pull in some traffic, but over the course of time, these posts will obtain a lot of traffic.
Optimize your site to the fullest of your ability and make sure you have a solid link building plan in place because you’ll need it to compete in this industry. No website should rely fully on any one traffic source, but building a solid SEO base is fundamental to the success of a niche website.
- which streaming service is best
- why streaming is better than cable
- are streaming services worth it
- streaming for dummies
- streaming for beginners
- why streaming services are popular
- are streaming services killing cinema
- how streaming services make money
- streaming is choppy on tv
- which streaming service has
- can streaming services be recorded
- streaming or downloading which consumes more data
- streaming internet speed
- streaming release dates
- streaming websites free
What SEO tool I suggest you use for your new niche website
Organic traffic is important for the long-term success of your niche website. Here is my favorite SEO tool:
Long Tail Pro
Long Tail Pro is my absolute favorite SEO tool because of these 3 exceptional reasons:
- Ease of Use- Some SEO tools make keyword research and selection a daunting task because you still have to filter through so many keywords yourself. Long Tail Pro allows you to enter a few seed keywords, then it gives you many related keywords with a score and a color. If the score is green, that means you can rank for that keyword pretty easily. If the score is red, it might be too difficult. Easy right? You can also spy on competitors backlinks, track your own rankings, and more.
- Accuracy- The accuracy of Long Tail Pro is great when it comes to working with my niche websites. I can target a keyword with confidence that I can rank because the tool provided that information. I also like being able to quickly check the difficulty of any single keyword on the fly.
- Cost- Most SEO tools can get pretty expensive really quickly. I’ve even subscribed to a free trial or just one month to download as much data as I could, then canceled because I couldn’t afford the costs. Long Tail Pro is the most cost effect SEO tool you’ll find and another one of the reasons why they’re my favorite tool to use when researching keywords for my new niche websites.
This website will be monetized with affiliate marketing to promote Amazon, clickbank, and JVZOO products.
Amazon Product Examples
You can promote any movies or shows. This is the newest Gerard Butler movie about the world ending. Action-packed!
Roku Express | HD Streaming Media Player with High Speed HDMI Cable and Simple Remote
This is a popular device used for streaming. People are always looking for the newest technology and these kinds of devices need to update as the quality of movies improves.
Canon VIXIA HF R800 Portable Video Camera Camcorder with Audio Input(Microphone), 3.0-Inch Touch Panel LCD, Digic DV 4 Image Processor, 57x Advanced Zoom, and Full HD CMOS Sensor, Black
This is a camcorder for people who are looking to create their own video content. I have this exact camera and it does everything for a great price.
Clickbank Product Examples
This clickbank product is a video editing software that helps people create their own video content.
JVZOO Product Examples
This is a JVZOO video editing software for people looking to create their own high-quality video content.
This is a video creation software more tailored towards businesses that want to make marketing videos explaining their products, but don’t want to be on camera.
Easy Sketch Pro
This is another kind of video creation software that allows you to create video content without showing a person.
Assuming you can get one clickbank and JVZOO sale per day, and a few Amazon products sold with the customers making a few extra purchases you can make $3,100 per month on the conservative side.
You also have the potential to make even more money by creating or editing videos for businesses to use in their marketing.
You could also explore more specific movies or show related affiliate products to add even more income to your niche website.
Tons of Amazon products and cool JVZOO software $3,100/month
Tons of Amazon products and cool JVZOO software.
*Earnings Disclaimer: We are not making any claims as to money you may earn.
Streaming video niche summary
The streaming video niche is a great topic to start a niche website. I love the passionate following and the high-converting products you can promote. It also has some great brandable domain names and few easy places to find traffic. I wish you much luck in starting this niche website. I would love to start it myself, but I’d rather find more profitable niches to share with you!
This niche highlights
Are you ready to start this niche site?
This follow-along course will show you how to set up this niche website up for maximum profit.